If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 2 RawSpicebar's Black Cardamom Pods, Organic
- 1 tbsp RawSpicebar's Garam Masala, Freshly Ground
- 6 garlic cloves
- 450 ml vegetable or chicken stock or water
- 5 cm piece cassia or cinnamon stick
- 6–8 green cardamom pods
- 1 tsp ground cumin, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 250 g basmati rice, thoroughly washed
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, to serve
- Using a mortar and pestle, make a fine paste with the garlic and ginger. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the yoghurt and stock or water. Set aside.
- Add half the yoghurt stock, stir through, bring to the boil, cover and cook for a further 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Now add the rice and coriander and the remaining yoghurt stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover with a lid and cook for 16–18 minutes, or until the rice liquid has evaporated and the chicken and rice are tender. Remove from the heat and leave to rest for 5–7 minutes with the lid on. Sprinkle with ground cumin and serve immediately with lime wedges.