If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: https://rawspicebar.com/blogs/recipes/basmati-rice-with-black-cardamom-and-lime-recipe —RawSpiceBar
- 5 RawSpicebar's Black Cardamom Pods, Organic
- 2 cups of long-grained rice, preferably basmati
- 2 medium yellow onions, finely diced
- 1/3 cup of oil,
- Heat a large pot on medium-high, then add the oil. When it starts to shimmer, add the chiles and RawSpicebar's Black Cardamom Pods, Organic and stir constantly till fragrant, about a minute. https://rawspicebar.com/blogs/recipes/basmati-rice-with-black-cardamom-and-lime-recipe
- Add the rice and stir so the oil coats each grain. Scrape the bottom of the pan frequently to prevent sticking, as the rice will give off plenty of starch. When the edges of the grains have turned translucent and the centers are milky white, add the water, bring to a boil, and cover, turning the heat down to medium.
- After 25 minutes, left the lid and check on the rice. Depending on the juiciness of your onions and the thirstiness of your rice, you may need to add some water or let some excess evaporate. Add salt to taste, loosen the stuck rice from the bottom of the pan, and add the lime juice. Let the rice cool slightly before serving.