If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We are making tasty vegetarian falafel. You might think it takes a lot of effort to make but it is not the case. —The Tortilla Channel
- 250 grams dried chickpeas or two tins of canned chickpeas
- 1 piece onion
- 1 piece red shallot
- 5 pieces cloves of garlic
- 1 piece chili pepper (whole including the seeds)
- 1.5 tablespoons cumin powder
- 1.5 tablespoons coriander powder
- 1 piece Fresh chives
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 shot sunflower oil
- Soak the dried chickpeas overnight. The chickpeas will double in size and weight.
- Drain the chickpeas and remove the skin. If you use canned chickpeas drain them.
- Put the chickpeas in a blender or kitchen machine.
- Add the whole chili pepper including seeds, red shallot, onion, parsley powder, cumin powder, coriander powder.
- Blend the ingredients together and stir if necessary.
- Add the chives and blend some more. Be careful not to over blend.
- Make small patties with a spoon. This amount will be good for 16 to 20 falafel.
- Heat sunflower oil in medium to hot pan.
- Fry the falafel for a couple of minutes before turning them over and fry the other side until golden brown.
- Let the falafel drain on kitchen paper.