If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: How to make authentic Spanish tortilla is simple with just three ingredients. A great tapas to eat any time of the day. —The Tortilla Channel
- 350 grams potatoes
- 175 grams onions
- 4 pieces large eggs
- 1 pinch sals
- Peel potatoes and slice thinly
- Peel onion and slice thinly as well
- Heat olive oil in non stick pan until nice and hot
- Add the potatoes and onion to the oil
- Boil (100℃ / 210℉) for about 20 to 25 minutes until potatoes and onion are nice and soft. Turn regularly to prevent mixture from going brown. Keep the heat down to prevent potatoes from frying.
- Drain mixture. Preserve the oil for future use.
- Whisk the eggs and add some salt (not required).
- Add the potato mix and stir some more.
- Heat non stick pan again and add some oil.
- Put tortilla mixture in the pan and swirl the pan. Cook 6 to 7 minutes until the egg mixture is set.
- Take the tortilla out of the pan and put the baked side on a plate. Turn the pan and close it on top of the tortilla as a lid. Turn the plate and pan together to turn the egg in the pan.
- Cook the other side for another 6 to 7 minutes.