If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: All you need is a food processor and some chickpeas so we can turn them into easy peasy hummus with tortillas. —The Tortilla Channel
- 1 can of chickpeas (about 250 grams)
- 2 gloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1.5 tablespoons Tahini paste
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1 pinch pepper to taste
- 50 milliliters olive oil
- 2-5 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons paprika powder for garnish
- 1 handful dried parsley for garnish
- 2 flour tortillas
- Drain the can of chickpeas and keep 10-15 chickpeas aside
- Add the chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice and Tahini paste into the food processor and start blending
- After about 2 minutes add half of the olive oil and again blend for about 2 minutes
- Add the remainder of the oil and blend
- If the hummus is to thick add two tablespoons of water and blend
- Check the consistency and if needed repeat adding two tablespoons of water and blend
- Sprinkle some paprika powder and dried parsley for garnish. Add the chickpeas.
- Drizzle some olive oil on the hummus
- Set hummus aside
- Warm a pan
- Dampen the tortillas with water and carve them with a knife in wedge like shape. Do not yet cut them through and through
- Warm the first tortilla in the pan. Turn regularly until warm
- Take out of the pan and cut into wedges
- Serve immediately