If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This red hot tex-mex rice is a one pot rice recipe that takes about 20 minutes to prepare. It is a perfect side dish that you can serve with for example tortillas, tacos or fajitas. —The Tortilla Channel
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½- 2 cups vegetable stock or water
- ½ onion
- 1 glove of garlic
- 1 spring onion finely chopped
- 150 grams cherry tomatoes
- ½-¾ cups sieved tomatoes
- ½ teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoons Chili powder (if you like it more spicy you can use 1 tsp Chili powder)
- Heat the pan to medium heat
- Add the vegetable oil to the pan and let it warm through
- Fry the onions and garlic until soft and translucent
- Next the rice. Stir the rice thoroughly so it can absorb the oil and liquids from the onion and garlic
- Now add the sieved tomatoes while stiring the rice
- Add the vegetable stock and bring it slowly to a boil while adding the chili powder and cumin
- Let this boil shortly before adding the spring onions
- Finally add the cherry tomatoes
- Simmer for 15 minutes on medium heat. Stir through after about 5 minutes.
- Stir loose after 15 minutes with a fork