If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We are making flavory chickpea flour tortillas. Chickpeas have a natural nutty flavor and can be used for a lot of different recipes. —The Tortilla Channel
- 0.75 cups chickpea flower
- 1.5 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1.5 tablespoons warm water
- 0.25 teaspoons cumin
- 0.25 teaspoons paprika
- 0.75 cups cold water
- Put flaxseed meal in a big bowl and add 1½ tbsp of warm water. Stir to combine and let it set for about 5 minutes
- Add the chickpea flower, cumin and paprika to the bowl with flaxseed meal mixture
- Take a wooden spoon and stir the ingredients
- Take the cold water and start adding this to the flour mixture slowly while stirring. I used a whisk to stir
- Keep adding the water until a smooth batter like mixture. If to thick just add small (table spoon size) amounts of water
- Heat skillet on medium high heat
- Brush some vegetable or sunflower oil in pan
- Take a big spoon and make a pan cake shape in the pan swirling the batter round
- Bake until surface is dry then turn
- Bake other side until nice and brown
- Take out of the pan and cover with clean kitchen towel until all tortillas are done
- Serve the tortillas