If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Today we are making a tapas dish, it is crispy fried shrimp cakes Tortillitas de Camerones in Spanish. Made with organic chickpea flour. —The Tortilla Channel
- 1.5 cups chickpea flour
- 1 cup small pink shrimp or dried shrimp
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 3 spring onion or scallions cut finely in small rings
- 1 tablespoon paprika powder
- 1-2 cups vegetable oil for pan frying (add more when needed)
- 1 cup water
- Put 1½ cup chickpea flour in a bowl
- Add the paprika powder and parsley
- Stir thoroughly the flour mixture before adding the water and stir some more
- Then add the scallion and stir
- Add the shrimp and stir as well
- Heat a skillet on medium to high heat
- Take two spoons and scoop the batter into the oil. Press them down in the oil so it becomes a think crisp small pancake
- Pan fry for about 2 minutes or when golden brown then turn the tortillitas de camarones
- When done take the tortillitas out of the pan and drain on a paper towel
- Serve immediately