If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you’re looking for an easy, comforting and delicious vegetarian chili recipe, this is it!
My family loves chili! We make a gazillion versions of it , and use it in another gazillion ways- this one’s straight out of our weeknight chili collection. With a 5-minute prep, which includes opening 4 cans, putting this chili together is a breeze! Possibilities are endless with this dish. You can swap the beans with your favorite kind, add your favorite toppings- sour cream, cheese, jalapeños, spring onions, avocados and enjoy it as-is, or, use it as a topping for some amazing Chili Nachos, or, mix it with rice, wrap it in a tortilla and you have a Bean & Chili Burrito. During football season, you will always find a version of this on my table, every Sunday!
It also makes for a great potluck dish. I make it in my Instant Pot, cover it and take the whole pot along- set it to SAUTE to warm it up and serve it right out of the pot- cannot get easier than that.
This Chili can be made on the stove-top as well (instructions can be found in the Notes section at http://garammasalakitchen.com/weeknight-bean-chili-in-instant-pot). —Garam Masala Kitchen
- 30-32 ounces canned black beans, rinsed
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 4 ounces canned green chillies
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4-1 cups water (for topping for nachos, reduce to 1/2 cup)
- Heat Instant Pot on SAUTE till it reads HOT. Add olive oil, onions, green pepper and sauté for 1 minute. Add seasoning mix and stir for 30 seconds, this wakes up the spices. Add all remaining ingredients and stir. Close lid, vent set to SEALING. Cook on MANUAL (High) for 8 minutes, NPR or QR after 10 minutes.
- Open the lid, check for salt. Cool for 5 minutes. Garnish with your favorite chili toppings- cilantro, shredded cheese, sour cream, avocados, tortilla chips etc.