If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Gooey, rich, chocolatey and wonderfully wicked, these vegan Tahini Caramel Black Bean Brownies have revolutionised my brownie game. Besides being completely drool-worthy, these gorgeous squares are nut-free, gluten-free and packed with protein. —My Goodness Kitchen
Makes: 16 squares
grams sunflower seed meal, ground sunflower seeds to a almond meal consistency
grams cocoa powder
grams raw sugar
teaspoons baking powder, gluten-free if required
400 gram can black beans, rinsed and drained
milliliters almond milk
milliliters coconut oil, melted
milliliters apple sauce
1 and 1/2
teaspoons vanilla extract
grams vegan small chocolate buds
pinch sea salt
milliliters maple syrup
teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C (350 degrees F).
- Line a small brownie pan (27.9 cm x 17.8cm) with baking paper.
- Combine the sunflower meal, cocoa, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine all the wet ingredients, other than the coconut oil, in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the coconut oil and blend until combined.
- Stir the wet ingredients in to the dry.
- Add the chocolate buttons and fold through.
- Pour the brownie batter in the pan.
- To make the tahini caramel, whisk the ingredients together in a bowl.
- To create the swirls, spoon dollops of the caramel on top of the brownie mixture a few centimetres apart from each other. I spooned two dollops wide and four dollops long.
- Using the end of a teaspoon, run a line from the first caramel dollop lengthways down to the last dollop on its line. Repeat with the second line. Each line should look like a row of hearts.
- Swirl the spoon diagonally from one corner of the brownie pan to the other. You should get some nice swirls but be careful not to overdo it or you will loose the light/dark effect.
- Bake the brownie for around 33 minutes or until cooked around the edge with a slight wobble in the centre.
- Remove the brownie from the oven to cool completely. For best results, refrigerate after cooling for at least two hours. Overnight is better.
- Cut in to squares to serve.