If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With more than 410,000 Instagram posts, “avocado toast” is no longer just a fad. Nor are people just eating it for breakfast: it’s also being served for lunch and as a snack, and has become a go-to alternative to grilled cheese for kids and grownups alike. This is a simple, clean and easy go-to recipe for anyone looking for a healthy breakfast option. —simmerandsauce
- 2 slices of your favorite seedy whole grain bread, lightly toasted
- 1 small avocado, cut in half, pit removed
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced
- 2 Persian cucumbers, skin on, ends trimmed, long thin ribbons made by a vegetable peeler
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Extra Virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- salt and pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste
- Place the toasted bread on a cutting board. Using a butter knife, scoop out some avocado flesh and spread evenly on each toast, covering the whole area. Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice on each toast.
- Place 1-2 two tomato slices on top of avocado.
- Place sliced onion on top of the tomato.
- Gently weave the cucumber ribbons on top making a lattice pattern.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.