If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Normally I bake a traditional apple pie but to do something different I made a sweet organic apple pie galette. This one is all vegan. —The Tortilla Channel
grams vegan butter (thin slices)
tablespoons ice cold water
apple (jonagold or Gold reinet)
tablespoon lemon juice to prevent apples from turning brown
pinch of salt
tablespoons dulce de leche, hazelnut paste, favorite jam or marmalad
tablespoon sugar mixed in some water to brush and coat the crust
- Combine flour and butter in a food processor.
- Add sugar, pinch of salt and lastly the water to get a consistent dough
- Leave to rest for 30 minutes in the fridge
- Cut the apple in thin slices and sprinkle lemon on the apples. Set aside
- Take the pie dough and roll it into a 10-12 inch circle with rolling pin
- Brusch about 4 tbsp of dulce de leche or hazelnutbutter, jam or marmalade in the middle of the pie dough.
- Leave about 1 inch free of the edge
- Start a circle of apple slices an repeat until the whole pie is filled with slice
- Preheat the oven at 400F/200C
- Fold the edge of the dough over the apples as the crust
- Brush the crust with water. Sprinkle the sugar across the pie
- Bake for 35-40 minutes in the oven
- Server immediately