If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the QUICKEST Pulled Chicken or Shredded Chicken or Salsa Chicken recipe ever! Another pressure cooking wonder where dinner is on the table in under 30 minutes. For the stove-top recipe and details, visit: http://garammasalakitchen.com/quickest-pulled-chicken-tacos —Garam Masala Kitchen
- 1 pound Chicken Breast
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 12 ounces jar of Salsa
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Mexican chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prep: Slice onion and bell pepper into thin slices.Turn Instant Pot on Sauté. Wait 30 seconds and add oil.
- Add sliced onions and bell peppers and sauté for 30 seconds. Add red wine vinegar and sauté another 30 seconds. Add half of the salt & pepper, so 1/4 teaspoon each and stir well. Remove in a bowl and keep aside. Turn Off the Instant Pot.
- Add salsa, water and spices in the Inner Pot and stir well. Add chicken breast and coat well with the sauce. Close lid. Set valve to Sealing position. Cook on Manual (high) for 8 minutes.
- Open the lid after naturally releasing pressure (NPR). Remove chicken in a platter. Using two forks shred the chicken. Meanwhile, add cocoa powder in the sauce and stir well.
- Add shredded chicken, onions and peppers in the sauce and stir well. Serve with warm tortillas of your choice and top with your favorite topping like cheese, sour cream, salsa and jalapeños.