If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Besan Ladoo or Laddu is a popular Gluten-free Indian sweet made of Besan (chickpea flour or gram flour), Sugar and Ghee (clarified butter). It is fairly popular to make this for festivities like Holi and Diwali, and kids love this dessert. Here is my super quick and easy recipe using the gadget we all can’t imagine life without- the microwave. This dessert is great to take to parties too. Recipe details and video at: http://garammasalakitchen.com/besan-ladoo-microwave —Garam Masala Kitchen
Makes 20 ladoos (fudge balls)
- 1 cup coarse Ladoo Besan (Chickpea Flour)(Gluten Free)
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted Ghee
- 4 tablespoons assorted chopped nuts (optional)(I used Pistachios & Almonds)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Prep: if using nuts, chop your favorite nuts. I use pistachios and almonds. Keep 1 tablespoon aside for garnish.
- Take a microwave safe bowl and melt ghee, about 30-40 seconds. Add coarse Besan and salt and mix well. If you are using fine ground Besan, remove 1 tablespoon from the quantity and replace it with 1 tablespoon soozi (semolina). Mix everything till the Besan has absorbed all the ghee.
- Microwave on the default setting for 3-5 minutes, depending on the temperature range of your microwave. During these 3-5 minutes, take the mix out every minute, (or every 30 seconds if you microwave is strong), and stir well. It is done cooking when the mix changes to a light golden color and the fragrance of Besan becomes strong. Add chopped nuts (optional) and let it cool for 20-30 minutes.
- The mix should be cool to the touch. Add confectioners sugar and cardamom powder and mix till the sugar is incorporated well. Check if the mix can bind well by pressing between your fingers. If it feels too crumbly, add a tablespoon or so of dry milk powder to bind it.
- To make ladoos, take a small portion of the mix (you can use a cookie spoon for this) and roll it in your hands to shape it like a ball. This is the part where watching the video will be helpful. I have demonstrated two techniques of rolling the ladoos, so choose whichever one is most convenient. Once the ladoo is formed, top it with the reserved chopped nuts and plate it.