Author Notes: A classic cookie with a walnut twist and incredibly moreish! —Teresa Ulyate
grams walnuts, ground
cups granulated sugar
flour for dusting
1 pack puff pastry (400g)
In This Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Mix the walnuts, sugar, cinnamon and ginger in a bowl and set aside.
- Dust the work surface with a little flour. Roll the puff pastry into a rectangle (3-4mm in thickness). Sprinkle three quarters of the walnut filling onto the pastry and spread evenly. Use a rolling pin to very gently press the filling into the puff pastry.
- Fold the long sides of the rectangle in so that they meet in the middle. Sprinkle remaining filling over the pastry and use a rolling pin to gently press it into the pastry.
- Fold the same sides over to meet in the middle again. Fold one half over the other and gently press together into a log.
- Cut the pastry log into 1cm slices and arrange the slices on your baking tray. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the palmiers are puffed up and golden.