If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Freshly ground spices, spice sets & quarterly spice subscription. Share your cooking with #rawspicebar & SUBSCRIBE to the spice subscription > rawspicebar.com/collections/spices —RawSpiceBar
- 2 cups white basmati rice, washed and drained.
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth or water
- 15-20 saffron threads, crushed & soaked in 2 tbsp hot water for 10 minutes
- 1 white onion, diced
- In large pot, add olive oil over medium heat. When oil is shimmering, add onions and brown, 5-6 minutes. Stir in rice, broth, saffron with its water and pinch salt. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, cover and turn to low heat.
- Cook on low, 20 minutes and then remove from heat. Let sit for another 5 minutes covered to finish steaming. Fluff with fork, serve & enjoy!