If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple chocolate cake to make tea time more fun for you and your guests! —seochococraft
• 115g / 4oz plain chocolate, chopped into Small pieces
• 45ml / 3 tbsp milk
• 150g / 5oz / ½ cup unsalted butter or margarine, softened
• 150g / 5oz / scant 1 cup light muscovado sugar
• 3 eggs
• 200g / 7oz / 1 ¾ cups self – raising flour
• 15 ml / 1 tbsp cocoa Powder
• 1 quantity Chocolate Buttercream, for the filling
• Icing sugar and cocoa powder, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180C / 350F / Gas 4. Grease two 18 cm/7 in round sandwich cake tins and line the base of each with non-stick baking paper. Select a small saucepan and a heatproof bowl that will fit over it. Place the chocolate and the milk in the bowl. Bring a small saucepan of water to just blow simmering point. Place the bowl containing the chocolate mixture on top. Leave for about 5 minutes, until the chocolate softens, then stir until smooth. Leave the bowl over the saucepan, but remove from the heat.
- Cream the butter or margarine with the sugar in a mixing bowl until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the chocolate mixture until well combined.
- Sift the and coca over the mixture and fold in with a metal spoon until evenly mixed. Scrape into the prepared tins, smooth level and bake for 35 -40 minutes or until well risen and firm. Turn out on to wire racks to cool.
- Sandwich the cake layers together with a thick, even layer of chocolate buttercream. Dust with a mixture of icing sugar and cocoa just before serving.
- For more details visit: https://www.chococraft.in/blogs/chococraft-blogs/simple-chocolate-cake-recipe