If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A hint of pepper, lots of cheese and refreshing veggies combine with crunchy PopCorners to make this one-of-a-kind veggie burger! —PopCorners
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and mashed with a fork or potato masher
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar
- 20 White Cheddar PopCorners, crushed
- 1 4-ounce can chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Salt and freshly grounded black pepper, to taste
- 4 buns, toasted
- Chipotle Mayonaise
- Sliced Avocado
- Lettuce Leaves
- Tomato Slices
- Warm 1 tablespoon oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and red pepper and sauté until very soft. Remove from heat and stir in the chickpeas, cheese, Popcorners, chilies, lime juice and cilantro. Blend thoroughly and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Form into 4 patties. Wipe out the pan. Add the remaining oil to the pan and set it over medium heat. Add the patties and cook on both sides until crispy and brown, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Set each patty on a bun and pass chipotle mayonnaise, avocado, lettuce and onion to let each person dress their burger as they wish.