If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Treats for Toys is an annual campaign that transforms toy-inspired treats into real toys for children. Create your own treat, and share a photo on social media or upload to www.TreatsForToys.ca, and Kellogg Canada will donate $20 to The Salvation Army to buy a toy for a child that would otherwise go without. Recipe courtesy of Julie Findlay from www.MITK.ca (Mom In The Know). —Rice Krispies #TreatsForToys
- 50 milliliters margarine or butter
- 250 grams regular marshmallows
- 2 milliliters vanilla extract (optional)
- 1.5 liters Rice Krispies cereal
- Coloured icing of your choice
- Assorted candies of your choice
- Licorice strings
- Two large candy canes
- Prepare Rice Krispies mixture: Melt margarine in a large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows, stir until melted. Remove from heat. Add vanilla extract and Rice Krispies. Stir until well coated. Press mixture into a greased pan, approximately 1.5 inches thick.
- Once cool, tip pan upside down to remove Rice Krispies mixture in one piece and cut out the shape of two skates and four small rectangles.
- Attach two small rectangles to the bottom of each skate using icing. Attach one candy cane to the bottom of the rectangles on each skate using icing.
- Decorate your skates using coloured icing and candies of your choice. Don’t forget to lace up with licorice strings!
More Great Recipes: