If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Treats for Toys is an annual campaign that transforms toy-inspired treats into real toys for children. Create your own treat, and share a photo on social media or upload to www.TreatsForToys.ca, and Kellogg Canada will donate $20 to The Salvation Army to buy a toy for a child that would otherwise go without. Recipe courtesy of Julie Van Rosendaal from www.DinnerWithJulie.com. —Rice Krispies #TreatsForToys
- 50 milliliters margarine or butter
- 250 grams regular marshmallows
- 2 milliliters vanilla extract (optional)
- 1.5 liters Rice Krispies cereal
- Yellow icing
- Yellow gumdrops
- Small round candies
- Prepare Rice Krispies mixture: Melt margarine in a large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows, stir until melted. Remove from heat. Add vanilla extract and Rice Krispies. Stir until well coated. Let cool.
- Once cooled but still warm, shape a handful of mixture into the duck’s body. Take a small amount of the mixture and roll it into the shape of the duck’s head. Take an even smaller amount of the mixture to shape the tail.
- Attach the head and the tail to either ends of the body while still warm to make sure they stick.
- Attach a yellow gumdrop to the front of the duck using icing for the beak.
- Using yellow icing, draw wings on the sides and lines on the tail and head to represent feathers.
- For the eyes, attach one round candy to either side of the head using icing.
More Great Recipes: