If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Treats for Toys is an annual campaign that transforms toy-inspired treats into real toys for children. Create your own treat, and share a photo on social media or upload to www.TreatsForToys.ca, and Kellogg Canada will donate $20 to The Salvation Army to buy a toy for a child that would otherwise go without. Recipe courtesy of Julie Van Rosendaal from www.DinnerWithJulie.com. —Rice Krispies #TreatsForToys
milliliters margarine or butter
grams regular marshmallows
milliliters vanilla extract (optional)
liters Rice Krispies cereal
Coloured icing of your choice
Assorted candies of your choice
- Prepare Rice Krispies mixture: Melt margarine in a large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows, stir until melted. Remove from heat. Add vanilla extract and Rice Krispies. Stir until well coated. Let cool.
- Once cooled, roll and shape the mixture into a long cylinder about two inches thick that tapers off on one end.
- Cut the cylinder into six equal-sized sections that will make up the body, with the tapered end making up the tail.
- Shape the head to include a mouth.
- Assemble the body with round candies between each section and attach with icing.
- Decorate your toy snake using different colours of icing for each section. Attach licorice string to the back for a tail and two round candies for eyes using icing. Don’t forget a flat candy with a V cut out of the end for the tongue!