Author Notes: Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Treats for Toys is an annual campaign that transforms toy-inspired treats into real toys for children. Create your own treat, and share a photo on social media or upload to www.TreatsForToys.ca, and Kellogg Canada will donate $20 to The Salvation Army to buy a toy for a child that would otherwise go without. Recipe courtesy of Michelle Jobin from www.michellejobin.com. —Rice Krispies #TreatsForToys
milliliters margarine or butter
grams regular marshmallows
milliliters vanilla extract (optional)
liters Rice Krispies cereal
White chocolate wafers
Skewers and toothpicks
Gumdrops and small candies of your choice
White icing and colours
- Prepare Rice Krispies mixture: Melt margarine in a large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows, stir until melted. Remove from heat. Add vanilla extract and Rice Krispies. Stir until well coated. Press 3/4 of the mixture into a greased pan, approximately 1.5 inches thick. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, using one large handful of the remaining mixture, form a ball for the head
- Once pan of Rice Krispies mixture is cool, tip pan upside down to remove mixture in one piece. Cut one large rectangle for the body. Use a diamond-shaped cookie cutter to make two cutouts for ears. Cut four rectangles for legs, then trim the shapes to have feet on the base of each leg.
- Assemble the Puppy Dog using white chocolate and skewers to hold it together.
- Decorate your Puppy Dog as you like! Don’t forget the tail and collar.