If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Treats for Toys is an annual campaign that transforms toy-inspired treats into real toys for children. Create your own treat, and share a photo on social media or upload to www.TreatsForToys.ca, and Kellogg Canada will donate $20 to The Salvation Army to buy a toy for a child that would otherwise go without. Recipe courtesy of Michelle Jobin from www.michellejobin.com. —Rice Krispies #TreatsForToys
milliliters margarine or butter
grams regular marshmallows
milliliters vanilla extract (optional)
liters Rice Krispies cereal
Assorted candies of your choice
Icing of your choice
White chocolate wafers
- Prepare Rice Krispies mixture: Melt margarine in a large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows, stir until melted. Remove from heat. Add vanilla extract and Rice Krispies. Stir until well coated. Press 3/4 mixture into a greased pan, approximately 1.5 inches thick. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, using one large handful of the remaining mixture, form a ball for the body of the helicopter.
- Cut a wedge shape for tail of helicopter. Cut a small wedge or triangle shape for the rudder. Cut two long, narrow rectangles to make the base of the helicopter. Cut an X shape to form the blades.
- Assemble your helicopter using melted white chocolate, skewers and candies.
- Affix your blades or X to top of body of helicopter, using a skewer. The rotor will spin!
- Decorate the helicopter as you like. Don’t forget the lights and windows!