If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Treats for Toys is an annual campaign that transforms toy-inspired treats into real toys for children. Create your own treat, and share a photo on social media or upload to www.TreatsForToys.ca, and Kellogg Canada will donate $20 to The Salvation Army to buy a toy for a child that would otherwise go without. Recipe courtesy of Tanya Toledano from www.MontrealMom.com. —Rice Krispies #TreatsForToys
- 50 milliliters margarine or butter
- 250 grams regular marshmallows
- 2 milliliters vanilla extract (optional)
- 1.5 liters Rice Krispies cereal
- Blue coloured fondant
- Prepare Rice Krispies mixture: Melt margarine in a large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows, stir until melted. Remove from heat. Add vanilla extract and Rice Krispies. Stir until well coated. Let cool. Once cooled, but still warm, take two large handfuls of the mixture and shape the body of the dreidel with four sides, a flat top and a rounded bottom.
- Take a small handful of the mixture and roll it between your hands to make a cylinder shape about 2 inches thick for the handle. Allow to cool.
- Once the handle has cooled and hardened, use a sharp knife to gently cut away each end to make a flat top and bottom to the cylinder.
- Attach the handle to the top of the body using icing and a wooden dowel or popsicle stick to keep it in place.
- Cut the Hebrew letters for Nun, Gimel, Hay and Shin from blue fondant and attach one to each side using icing.