If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Treats for Toys is an annual campaign that transforms toy-inspired treats into real toys for children. Create your own treat, and share a photo on social media or upload to www.TreatsForToys.ca, and Kellogg Canada will donate $20 to The Salvation Army to buy a toy for a child that would otherwise go without. Recipe courtesy of Tanya Toledano from www.MontrealMom.com. —Rice Krispies #TreatsForToys
- 50 milliliters margarine or butter
- 250 grams regular marshmallows
- 2 milliliters vanilla extract (optional)
- 1.5 liters Rice Krispies cereal
- Blue and red coloured fondant
- Prepare Rice Krispies mixture: Melt margarine in a large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows, stir until melted. Remove from heat. Add vanilla extract and Rice Krispies. Stir until well coated. Press mixture into a greased pan, approximately 1.5 inches thick. Let cool.
- Once cooled, tip pan upside down to remove Rice Krispies mixture in one piece. Cut a hockey stick shape and a circle for the puck out of the mixture.
- Decorate your stick using strips of red and blue fondant, and attach with icing.