If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Christmas Eggnog Recipe – Homemade Rum & Whiskey Mixed Drink and make your Christmas festival remarkable memories with your loved ones. Christmas Eggnog recipe is quite easy and simple to make within few minutes. —ravi kumar
6 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
2 cups whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 to 1 1/2 cups bourbon, rum, brandy, Cognac, or a mix (optional)
Freshly grated nutmeg, for serving
- 1. Separate the eggs, placing the yolks in a medium bowl and the whites in a large bowl. Cover the whites and refrigerate until needed, or freeze if ageing the eggnog for longer than a day.
- 2. Add the sugar to the yolks and whisk by hand or with a mixer until the mixture is smooth, creamy, and lightened to a lemon-yellow colour.
- 3. Add the milk, cream, and liquor and whisk until combined.
- 4. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. The more liquor you add, the longer it will keep — non-alcoholic eggnog should be consumed within 1 day; eggnog with 1/2 to 1 cup of liquor will keep for several days, and eggnog with 1 1/2 cups of liquor will keep for several weeks and continue ageing and thickening quite nicely. (If ageing for longer than a few days, transfer the eggnog to a sealed glass container or a mason jar.)
- 5. Just before serving, whisk the reserved egg whites in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer at high speed until the whites form stiff peaks.
- 6. Transfer the beaten egg whites to the bowl with the eggnog and gently fold or stir the whites into the base — this gives the eggnog a frothy, extra-creamy texture. Some of the egg whites will also float to the top, like cappuccino foam.
- 7. Transfer the eggnog to a pitcher or punch bowl. Serve in individual glasses with some powdered nutmeg on top.