If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Indian Crab Masala Recipe is the simple and Delicious recipe you can make for your loved ones to make them Happy. Crab Masala Recipe is one of favourite Dish for Rahul Dravid, he enjoys every single bite of Crab Masala. The dish is usually served with steamed rice. —ravi kumar
- 1 kg ( 4 nos) crab, medium size
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp mustard seed
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 large onions finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, slit into halves
- 20 curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 100 ml coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- 1. In a pan heat oil and add mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds start crackling, add fennel seeds.
- 2. When the fennel seeds get lightly roasted, add onions and stir.
- 3. Once the onions are translucent, add ginger, garlic, curry leaves and green chilly and continue to fry.
- 4. Add tomatoes when the onions become golden brown and stir.
- 5. When tomatoes become soft add turmeric, red chilli powder and coriander powder and continue to fry, remembering to stir.
- 6. Once the oil starts separating from the gravy and you can see it on the edges of the vessel, add a tablespoon of coconut milk and stir.
- 7. Add crabs and mix well with the gravy. Cover the pan and cook for 30 minutes or till the crabs are cooked. Make sure to turn the crabs every two to three minutes. Crabs will be cooked when the colour starts changing and there will be the aroma of fried crabs.
- 8. Take the crabs out and place them in the serving dish, add remaining coconut milk and boil the gravy and pour over the crabs.