If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is for a delicious and easy soup with lots of great spices! It is a family favorite in my house since it has turmeric, paprika, and caraway seeds. It is not too spicy and is a fun way to include any vegetables you have laying around. I also posted this recipe on my blog lifeasalotus.com if you want to see more detail and pictures! —Nilufar Kayhani
Serves 5 - 7
- 3 Carrots, chopped in rounds
- 2 Zucchinni, chopped in quarters
- 2 Yellow Squash, chopped in quarters
- 2 cups Lentils
- 3 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 1.5 tablespoons Caraway or cumin seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon Salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon Turmeric
- 1 tablespoon Black pepper
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 tablespoons Paprika
- 4 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 9 cups Water
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro, chopped
- olive oil
- In a pot on medium heat, cook the onions, garlic, and carrots for ten minutes or until slightly tender.
- Add the water, all of the spices, and tomato paste.
- Let come to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Add lentils.
- Simmer for ten minutes with the lid on.
- Add the chopped zucchini, yellow squash, and cilantro and let simmer for another fives minutes with lid on.
- Serve with limes and enjoy! Remember to take out the bay leaf.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hands-Off Recipe