If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Bengali Bhoger Khichdi is the very famous traditional dish made during Durga Puja. Bengali Khichdi recipe is simple and easy to make during a festival and even you can enjoy it on the special occasion and in-house party. Bengali Khichdi recipe has the very beautiful aroma and its very taste too because the Indian herbs and spices are used in it make very tasty and delicious. —ravi kumar
- 1 and 1/2 cups of rice
- 2 cups moong dal (yellow lentils)
- 3 tbsps green peas
- 5-6 cauliflowers florets
- 2 potatoes cut into half
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 2 dry red chillies
- 1 tsp of jeera (cumin seeds)
- 1 tbsp mix of cloves, cinnamon and cardamom
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp of haldi (turmeric powder)
- 1 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of sugar
- 1. Begin by roasting the dal in a pan.
- 2. In a heavy bottom pan, add in ghee, ginger, cumin seeds, dry red chillies, bay leaves and mix well.
- 3. Add in crushed cardamom, cloves and cinnnamon along with some fresh green chillies.
- 4. Put in the vegetables and mix again.
- 5. Pour in some water and let it cook for a while.
- 6. Add in the roasted dalt, rice and green peas.
- 7. Put chilli powder, sugar, turmeric and mix well.
- 8. Pour in some more water and let it cook.
- 9. Garnish and serve hot.