If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of my favorite chicken recipes because it's so adaptable. It's been a family favorite for years now. I've added fruit (frozen from Trader Joe's) in the version below, but I've substituted mushrooms with amazing success. —Leith Devine
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen apricots (sub sliced mushrooms)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper. In an oven-safe pan, brown chicken in olive oil, skin side down, until skin is crispy.
- Make the sauce while the chicken cooks. Combine the balsamic vinegar, mustard, honey, and thyme. Whisk until combined and set aside.
- Remove chicken from pan. Add sliced onion to pan and cook until soft. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. If using mushrooms, add and saute until cooked.
- Add the chicken back to the pan skin side up. Add the apricots, tucking them around the thighs.
- Pour the glaze over the chicken. Bake for 20-30 minutes until chicken reaches 165 degrees. Serve with the sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hands-Off Recipe