If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Warning: This is a highly decadent and addictive recipe.
This 5 ingredient, no bake tart is everything. Chocolate. hazelnuts. Maldon salt. A chocolate lover's dream, it' simple, elegant and has those classic flavors with out any added sugar.
This valentine's day, I was in a super rush and wanted to make my husband a simple but delicious meal(which ended up being some la tur cheese with fresh bread, paccheri with marcella hazan's classic tomato sauce and basil, and this tart.
It has no added sugar( i need to mention this again!), can be made with gluten free cookies and takes about 5-10 minutes of active time to prepare.
I've made it 3 times since then and always goes over a hit. This would be perfect for any dinner party, holiday or just to have in the fridge when a friend stops over for tea and a talk. Ummm. Or for you. When you want your fix at midnight. —Danielle Rehfeld Colen
For the tart crust:
- 5 ounces thin chocolate cookies or biscuits(you can use famous, gluten free chocolate, italian chocolate tea biscuits, or even salty chocolate cookies)
- 3 ounces toasted, peeled hazelnuts(I buy them this way from Buon Italia, an italian gourmet market in NYC)
- 10-12 pitted medjool dates
- pinch sea salt
- Break up the biscuits a bit and place them in a blender or food processor with nuts. Pulse until very well chopped. They should resemble fine crumbs.
- Add 10 dates and pulse well. Blend until the mixture begins to come together about 20-30 seconds. Add the other dates if needed and blend again. The mixture should be wet and should hold together when you test it.
- Press the dough into the bottom of a 11" fluted tart pan. Freeze for 10 minutes.
For the Chocolate Ganache:
- 8 ounces milk chocolate, chopped or in chips
- 3 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped or in chips
- 5 fl. ounces heavy cream(150 ml)
- Maldon Salt and hazelnut pieces for serving
- In a small pot, warm the cream over medium heat until you see little bubbles at edges. Add the chocolate and turn off flame. Wait one minutes and stir until glossy.
- Pour the chocolate into the pan directly on top of the crust. Allow to set in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Remove and allow to temper for 30 min-2 hours before serving (Depending on how long its been refrigerated). Before serving sprinkle with a few pieces of hazelnut and sea salt crystals. I love the texture and flavor or maldon but you could try fleur del sel too!