If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chicken Chettinad is a classic Indian recipe, from the region of Chettinad in Tamil Nadu. IFN has the perfect recipe for making the tastiest Chicken Chettinad. Try Chicken Chettinad recipe at your home and make your loved one happy with the great taste of Herbs and spices used in it. It can be made in two styles Curry and Dry. —ravi kumar
- Dry roast and grind to a paste:- 2 tbsp coriander seeds 1 tbsp black pepper 1 tbsp poppy seeds 1 tbsp cumin seeds 3/4 tbsp fennel seeds 5 no's Dried red chillies 3 no's cloves 2 no's cardamom 1 inch cinnamon stick 1 no staranise (small) Fe
- Other ingredients:- 1/4 cup oil 1/3 cup finely chopped onion 3 no's green chillies Curry leaves 1 1/2 tsp each of finely chopped ginger and garlic 1/4 cup finely chopped tomato Turmeric powder 1/2 kg Chicken with bones, marinated with salt an
- For tempering: 1 tbsp oil curry leaves
- 1. In a deep kadhai, heat oil.
- 2. Add onions, chillies, curry leaves, ginger and garlic. Sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- 5. Add ground paste and simmer till masala is well coated and chicken is cooked. You may add water to adjust consistency.
- 7. Make tempering with oil and curry leaves and pour over chicken. Top with coriander.