If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pavakkai pitlai recipe is a kind of sambar made using bitter gourd and peanut in a fresh ground masala with coconut base. Bittergourd pitlai recipe is easy to make dish and even goes great with roti. Pavakkai pitlai gourd and groundnut curry is a famous Kuzhambu in Kerala and some parts of Kanyakumari district. —ravi kumar
1.5 tbsp sesame seed oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
Salt to taste
Gosseberry sized tamarind dissolved in water
2.5 tbsp Pitlai powder
1 tbsp jaggery
- 1. In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds. Once it crackles, add curry leaves, karela, turmeric, hing and cook on a medium flame for a minute.
- 2. Add tamarind water. Cook on a medium flame till raw aroma of tamarind disappears.
- 3. Add pitlai powder , peanuts and enough water for gravy consistency.
- 4. Simmer on a medium flame with jaggery for 2 minutes.
- 5. Garnish with coriander (optional) and serve with rice and appalam or flatbreads.