If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Double the dressing, double the delicious!
I love a good creamy drizzle, but I also can't turn down a complex layering of flavors - especially when its deceptively simple. Any shaved veggie would be great here. The key is to marinate the veggies ahead of time, and then hit it with the creamy drizzle when ready to serve. All of the components can be made ahead, making it ideal for weeknight supper and weekend celebrations alike. —Jr0717
Creamy Herb Dressing
- 1/4 cup nut butter of choice (I used cashew, feel free to sub-in almond butter)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- About 1/3 cups packed herbs (I used primarily mint, but again, feel free to mix it up with parsley and/or cilantro)
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 teaspoons garlic powder
Shaved Salad and Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup pistachios (shelled)
- 1/4 cup pepitas (feel free to sub in sunflower seeds)
- 3 cups Zucchini, shaved with a vegetable peeler into strips
- 1/4 medium onion, sliced very thinly
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Make the cream drizzle: Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Lightly toast the pistachios and seeds either in the oven (on a parchment-lined sheet, watching them like a hawk!) or in a pan (over medium flame). When slightly brown and fragrant, remove from the oven/pan and set aside.
- In the bottom of a large bowl, whisk the mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper until combined. Shave the zucchini and slice the onion, and toss in the vinaigrette, coating the veggies well.
- Spread the veggies out on a platter or divide between two bowls, drizzling with remaining vinaigrette from the bowl. Sprinkle with toasted pistachios and seeds, and before serving, drizzle with the herb dressing. Grab a fork and a seat, and lavish those lovely layers of flavor!