(1 1/2 lb) beef t-bone steak, cut to an even thickness of 1 to 1 1/4 inches
cup olive oil
garlic cloves, thinly sliced
sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves removed and roughly chopped
Basso® extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Aurora® Mediterranean sea salt
Fresh ground black pepper
Allessia® grapeseed spray oil for grill
- Cut off excess fat from steak and pat dry. Pour olive oil into a shallow dish and add garlic and rosemary. Turn the steak in the oil, ensuring there is some garlic and rosemary on each side. Cover dish with a double layer of plastic wrap and let marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Bring the meat to room temperature before cooking.
- Preheat barbecue to 200 ºC (400 ºF)degrees. Take the meat out of the marinade and remove any pieces of garlic or rosemary from the steak. Pat dry. Spray Allessia® grapeseed spray oil onto a moist towel and wipe the grill area.
- Place the steak on the grill and cook for about 4 minutes. Turn steak over and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes, steak will be rare. (a few minutes more per side for medium).
- Transfer to a warm plate, season both sides with salt and pepper, then let the meat rest for 4 minutes.
- Cut each piece into thick slices. Divide the slices between 2 serving plates.
- Pour the meat juices that have accumulated over the sliced steak. Drizzle with Basso® extra virgin olive oil. Serve with Tuscan Beans and Panzanella salad.
More Great Recipes: