If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Feeling tired? These tasty no-bake vegan coconut-fig energy bites may help you get through the week.
Makes: 40 pieces
dried figs, stems removed
dried dates, pitted
cup walnuts, roughly shopped
tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut, plus additional for rolling
tablespoons whole grain oats
tablespoons smooth almond butter
teaspoons dairy-free dark chocolate chips
teaspoon ground flax seeds
teaspoons vanilla extract
dash of salt
- Line a 9×9 baking pan or loaf pan with parchment paper, allowing enough for overhang on the two larger sides. Set aside.
- Using a kitchen mixer, such as a Cusinart fitted with a blade attachment, add the figs, dates, walnuts, 2 tablespoons coconut, oats, almond butter, chocolate chips, flax feeds, vanilla extract and salt. Mix on high for 1-2 minutes until well blended. The mixture should resemble coarse sand as shown in the photo above.
- Place the mixture into the prepared pan. Using a small glass or jar, press the mixture firmly and evenly making it as flat and uniform as possible.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to set.
- To finish the power bites, place about 1/2 cup of shredded coconut on a small plate and set aside.
- Gently lift the parchment paper out of the pan and place on a cutting board. Using a slicer knife, cut into small, 1-inch squares. Roll the bites in shredded coconut evenly to coat.
- Store the power bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They should keep fresh for up tp two weeks.