Author Notes: Feeling tired? These tasty no-bake vegan coconut-fig energy bites may help you get through the week.
Makes: 40 pieces
dried figs, stems removed
dried dates, pitted
cup walnuts, roughly shopped
tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut, plus additional for rolling
tablespoons whole grain oats
tablespoons smooth almond butter
teaspoons dairy-free dark chocolate chips
teaspoon ground flax seeds
teaspoons vanilla extract
dash of salt
In This Recipe
- Line a 9×9 baking pan or loaf pan with parchment paper, allowing enough for overhang on the two larger sides. Set aside.
- Using a kitchen mixer, such as a Cusinart fitted with a blade attachment, add the figs, dates, walnuts, 2 tablespoons coconut, oats, almond butter, chocolate chips, flax feeds, vanilla extract and salt. Mix on high for 1-2 minutes until well blended. The mixture should resemble coarse sand as shown in the photo above.
- Place the mixture into the prepared pan. Using a small glass or jar, press the mixture firmly and evenly making it as flat and uniform as possible.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to set.
- To finish the power bites, place about 1/2 cup of shredded coconut on a small plate and set aside.
- Gently lift the parchment paper out of the pan and place on a cutting board. Using a slicer knife, cut into small, 1-inch squares. Roll the bites in shredded coconut evenly to coat.
- Store the power bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They should keep fresh for up tp two weeks.