If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Grandma Annie Mae Blackwell. I have made this dish for every holiday for at least 28 years. It is simple to make and should be made only a few hours before serving. You can vary the nuts, however the peanuts seem to work best. —camacazi
Serves: you decide
ripe but firm banannas sliced
cups coarsly chopped salted peanuts
cups granulated sugar
ounces marichino cherries
- slice banannas place in bowl
- crush peanuts to the point where some are still in small pieces and some resemble coarse meal
- sprinkle with sugar and toss lightly
- just before serving add drained cherries and toss
- plan to make only a few hours before use as this dish will get soggy after a few hours. Ditto the cherries.
- This basic recipie will serve 5-6 persons
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Pie Thanksgiving Dessert