If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For when you want the taste of banana bread with the texture of a cookie. (adapted from Banana Bread Muffin Cookies by A Beautiful Mess) —Ava Wallace
Makes: 12 cookies
grams Mashed banana
cup Room temperature (solid) coconut oil
cup Brown sugar
teaspoon Vanilla extract
cup all purpose flour
teaspoon baking powder
Optional Add-Ins (chocolate, nuts, dried fruit, etc)
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment
- Whisk flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt together in a small bowl; set aside
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (paddle attachment) or hand-held electric mixer, beat coconut oil and sugar together until fluffy; add the banana and vanilla extract and mix until combined
- Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and mix until just combined
- Fold in whatever additions you prefer (chocolate is always my favorite!)
- Scoop the dough onto the prepared cookie sheet, leaving about 1.5in in between in case of spreading (it should make about a dozen cookies, about 1 heaping tbsp of batter each)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until puffy and lightly golden; leave on the cookie sheet until cool enough to handle, then place on a wire rack to cool completely