If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Recipe courtesy of Abbey Sharp of Abbey’s Kitchen for Green & Black’s —greenandblacks
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 20 min
cups Medjool dates, pitted and diced
teaspoons tahini paste
pinches fleur de sel
tablespoons brown rice cereal
grams Green & Black’s 70% Dark Chocolate, chopped
teaspoons coconut oil
Fleur de sel, for garnish
- To prepare the caramel, puree dates in a food processor or blender until sticky and smooth. Add tahini and salt, and puree again until smooth. Set aside 1/3 of the caramel mixture (approximately 1 cup/250mL) in one bowl for the filling.
- Add brown rice cereal to remaining caramel mixture (approximately 2 cups/500ml) and mix thoroughly. Take approximately 2 Tbsp. (30mL) of the brown rice caramel mixture and roll into a ball in the palm of your hand. Use your finger or thumb to put a large indent into the ball. Fill indent with approximately 1 Tbsp. (15mL) of caramel date mixture. Take another small bit of brown rice caramel mixture to cover indent and roll it into a ball. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat with remaining mixture to create approximately 20 truffles and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, set dark chocolate on the top portion of a double boiler, or place chocolate in a glass bowl and set over a pot with 1-inch (2.5 cm) simmering water, over low heat. Add coconut oil and gently melt.
- Remove balls from freezer. Insert a toothpick or skewer into a ball and dip in the chocolate until fully coated. Repeat for all truffles. Transfer to baking sheet and sprinkle generously with fleur de sel.
- NOTE: Refrigerate until ready to eat.