Author Notes: DELICIOUS SUMMER PASTA ALERT! Daniel Boulud’s Upper West Side Mediterranean restaurant Boulud Sud is serving up a LEMON SAFFRON LINGUINI (with Seppia, Sardinian Bottarga, Puntarella) this summer.
Boulud Sud’s pastas are made in-house using freshly ground local and artisanal Italian flours, as well as organic eggs from Alderfer Family Farm in Pennsylvania.
Boulud Sud also has a special late-night Happy Pasta Hour where all pastas are half priced Sunday-Thursday from 9pm-close and Friday & Saturday from 10pm-close!
If you can’t make it in to the NYC eatery this summer, here’s how to make the Lemon Saffron Linguini in your own kitchen at home:
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 30 min
grams grams bottarga
grams fava beans
grams puntarella or dandelion
milliliters sourdough bread crumbs
grams white wine
- CHILI FLAKE AND GARLIC MIXTURE
- Peel garlic, crush and chop finely.
- Put salt on top and crush with a knife until it makes a paste. Mix in the olive oil and chili flakes.
- SOURDOUGH BREAD CRUMBS
- Cut breadcrumbs in squares, toss with olive oil and salt. Toast in the oven at 350F to reach a golden color. Transfer to robotcoupe. Pulse a few times to coarse bread crumbs.
- PICK UP
- In a hot pan, sweat the garlic-chili mixture.
- Add the fresh puntarella and satue until cooked.
- Add fava beans.
- Deglaze with white wine.
- Add chicken stock and mount in butter.
- In a seperate blanching pot, blanch the pasta until cooked al dente.
- Remove from the water and toss into the pasta sauce.
- Add cooked razor clams just to heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper, add grated parmesan.
- Plate and garnish with breadcrumbs.