If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Healthy and fudgy Black Bean Brownies Recipe everyone will love! Flourless, naturally sweetened, packed with fiber and healthy carbs. —Laquita
Makes: 2:15 minites
Prep time: 1 hrs 5 min
Cook time: 1 hrs 10 min
grams 1 can black beans
cup brown sugar (suitable for vegans)
tablespoons cocoa powder
teaspoon vanilla extract
tablespoon coconut oil (plus more for greasing)
grams dark chocolate (suitable for vegans)
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a 12-slot muffin tray with coconut oil.
- Drain and rinse beans, then add beans, avocado, sugar, cocoa powder, half the walnuts (1/4 cup), baking powder, vanilla extract, coconut oil and the salt to a food processor.
- Melt 120g of the dark chocolate in a double boiler, then transfer to the food processor.
- Combine ingredients in the food processor for 1-2 minutes.
- Evenly distribute the mixture into the muffin tray (roughly one heaped tablespoon per slot).
- Cut remaining chocolate into 12 pieces and put one piece on top of each brownie, pushing down gently on each piece of chocolate so they become partly submerged in the mixture.
- Finely chop the remaining walnuts and sprinkle over brownies.
- Place muffin tray in oven for 20-25 minutes (we take them out after 22 minutes).
- Leave to cool completely before gently removing each brownie. The longer you leave them to cool, the easier they will be to remove them from the tin. Gently loosen the brownies out of the tin with the thin end of a fork.