Author Notes: The Cedar Plank Pork Chops comes courtesy of BOU, the better-for-you cube, and the brand’s Summer Grilling Series. The series is curated by Master Chef Tony Seta, who is one of only 70 Master Chefs in the U.S. certified by the American Culinary Federation. BOU’s line of bouillon cubes is designed for creative cooks at all skill levels. It uses natural, non-GMO ingredients to produce hassle free flavor at your finger-tips. These cubes are gluten-free and come in three flavors – chicken, beef and vegetable. —Staff Member
Prep time: 5 hrs
Cook time: 20 min
double bone in pork chops
BOU Chicken Bouillon Cube
- Notes: Soak the planks for at least 2 hours in water prior to grilling. If the sides of the Cedar Plank start flaming -- spray the edges only with water (spray only the plank—do not water spray the Pork Chops)
- Combine the salad oil, BOU Cube and Worcestershire sauce. Blend well in a blender for approximately 45 seconds.
- Place the pork chops in a rectangular pan — Pour the BOU flavored oil over the chops & top with bay leaves. Turn the chops over to assure they are totally coated — Marinate 3-4 hours.
- Remove from the marinade. Drain lightly & season both sides liberally with java rub.
- Place seasoned pork chops on the warmed Green Egg Cedar Plank down the center.
- Set the Cedar Plank on the grill over a medium high to high heat. Cook the pork chops to an internal temperature of 130-145˚F. Check temperature at 15 minutes. Serve & enjoy!