If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: PopCorners are popped (never fried) and start at the at the source with the best ingredients, like non-GMO corn. For a decadent twist on a traditional sandwich try adding PopCorners. Your family is sure to beg for this delicious PB&J upgrade! —PopCorners
Makes: 4 sandwiches
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 10 min
slices firm white sandwich bread
cup peanut butter, crunchy or smooth
cup raspberry jelly or jam, or other jelly or jam of choice
eggs beaten with 1 tablespoon of water
Kettle Corn PopCorners
tablespoons vegetable oil
- Lay 8 slices of bread on a clean surface.
- Divide the peanut butter among them and spread it.
- Top 4 slices of bread with jelly and spread it, too.
- Press the sandwiches together to make 4.
- Put the beaten eggs in a shallow dish such as a pie dish.
- Put the crushed Popcorners in to another shallow dish.
- Put the butter and oil in a large, non-stick skillet and set it over very low heat to melt.
- One at a time dip each sandwich into the egg mixture, coating all sides well, and then dip each sandwich into the crumbs, coating all sides thoroughly.
- Set the sandwiches in the buttered skillet.
- Increase heat to medium and fry the sandwiches until nicely browned and crisp.
- Turn and fry the second side.
- Remove to a cutting board, let cool for about 30 seconds, slice in half and serve hot.