Author Notes: This oven-baked chicken breast recipe will still remain one of my all-time favorites. Judge or join, it’s all yours. But 5 minutes of prep and 20 minutes into the oven have never failed me once. So there’s much hope that this luscious dish can also be an ally of yours on the family table. —Healthy Kitchen 101
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 20 min
boneless, skinless chicken breasts (5 to 6 ounces each)
teaspoons olive oil
tablespoon brown sugar
teaspoon dried oregano
teaspoon garlic powder
teaspoon kosher salt
tablespoons chopped cilantro
3 to 4
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Using either a rolling pin, a meat tenderizer, or your own fist (!), pound the chicken breasts to the thickness of about 1/2 an inch.
- Mix brown sugar, paprika, dried oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together.
- Place the chicken breasts upside down on the baking tray lined with baking paper. Use your fingers to rub the olive oil over the breasts. Sprinkle some of the seasoning based on your preference. Flip your chicken and repeat the above steps with the other side.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.
- Let it sit for about 2 minutes so the juice can settle. Garnish with cilantro and lime slices.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!