If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cheese, tomatoes, garlic, and mushrooms - all ingredients with lots of natural umami flavor! This sandwich combines mediterranean/middle-eastern flavors with simple veggies for an easy yet delicious sandwich. I make variations of this all the time in the mornings before high school. I also posted this recipe on my blog here: https://www.lifeasalotus... —Nilufar Kayhani
Makes: 3 sandwiches
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 10 min
cup mushrooms, sliced
cup onion, chopped
cloves garlic, minced
tablespoon tomato paste
ounces feta cheese or dairy free alternative
cup olive tapenade or chopped olives
- In a pan with 2 -3 tbs. of olive oil add in spices, garlic, and tomato paste on medium-low heat and stir until aromatic.
- Add onions and cook until translucent, about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook until tender, about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Stir in spinach until it wilts and add salt to taste.
- On a slice of bread, spread tapenade, add vegetable mixture, sprinkle with feta cheese, and top with slice of bread.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Umami-Centric Recipe