Author Notes: Recipe credit: Chef Christian Pritchard for Loacker Canada —Chef Christian Pritchard
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 1 hrs
4 tsp (10 g) cocoa powder
2/3 cup (80 g) Molini Pizzuti 00 Flour
1 tsp (2.5 g) ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp (2 g) ground ginger
ground cloves, to taste
1/4 tsp (2.5 g) Aurora® Kosher salt
1 cup (140 g) whole almonds – toasted
1 cup (50 g) Loacker® Hazelnut Quadratini
1 cup (100 g) Aurora® Turkish apricots, quartered
1 cup (225 g) soft raisins
3/4 (150 g) cup sugar
2/3 cup (11mL) of Aurora® honey
- 1. Preheat oven to 300oF
- 2. Line springform pan with parchment paper, using a round cut out for the bottom and a strip cut out for the side.
- 3. Butter parchment paper well, and dust with cocoa powder – tap out the excess powder.
- 4. Whisk together flour, spices, salt, and cocoa in a large bowl. Stir in the fruits and nuts.
- 5. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring sugar and honey to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved, then boil without stirring until the thermometer reads 238oF to 240oF – about 2 minutes.
- 6. Immediately pour honey over fruit mixture and quickly stir until combined (mixture will be very thick and sticky). Immediately spoon mixture into springform pan spreading evenly with the back of a spoon. Dampen your hands and press the mixture firmly and evenly into the pan.
- 7. Bake the mixture, placing it on the middle rack of the oven until the edges start to rise slightly and become matte.
- 8. Let the Panforte cool completely in the pan. Once cooled remove the sides of the pan and invert onto a dish. Peel off the parchment paper, and it is ready to serve.