Author Notes: Recipe credit: Chef Christian Pritchard for Loacker Canada —Chef Christian Pritchard
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
2 (100 g) large eggs
1/2 cup (170 g) all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp (0.25 g) baking soda
1/2 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup (255 g) cocoa powder, unsweetened
1 Tbsp. (7.5 g) cornstarch
Salt, to taste
1 ¼ cup (260 g) sugar
1 tsp (5mL) vanilla extract
3 Tbsp (42.5 g) unsalted butter
1 package (250 g) Loacker® Dark Chocolate Quadratini
- Preheat oven to 325oF and grease an 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl add the butter and sugar. Heat in the microwave for about 1 minute. Remove, stir, and cool on the counter for 5 minutes, then stir in the vanilla extract and cocoa powder.
- In a bowl, add the warm butter/sugar mixture. With mixing speed at low add one egg at a time, mixing just until incorporated.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt. With mixing speed on low, gradually add the dry ingredients. Mix until no flour pockets remain.
- Spread half of the brownie batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Top the brownie batter with Loacker® Dark Chocolate Quadratini and add the remaining batter.
- Bake the brownies for 20-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean.
- Let brownies cool and cut into squares.