Author Notes: Put a fresh and tropical twist on your favorite breakfast classic this weekend with this Coconut Crusted French Toast! Thick slices of bread, coated with cinnamon and sweet coconut chips for a crunchy texture outside and a soft, delectable center. Drizzled with warm maple syrup for an irresistible way to start your day! —Contributor
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 20 min
loaf of bread, sliced
bags of bare Simply Toasted Coconut Chips
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs and cinnamon.
- Lightly crush the coconut chips and pour on a plate. I like using the bare Simply Toasted Coconut Chips for the perfect amount of crunch and flavor. They are baked, never fried, and made with real coconuts.
- Heat a griddle to 325 degrees Spray the griddle with cooking spray.
- Dip each slice of bread in the egg mixture and then the crushed coconut chips, coating the bread on each side.
- Place the bread on the hot griddle and let the first side cook about 3 minutes. Flip the slices and cook them on the other side for 3 minutes or until cooked through. The toast should be lightly browned. If browning too quickly, turn down the griddle to 300 degrees.
- Drizzle with warm maple syrup and enjoy!