Author Notes: There's nothing better than freshly baked cookies straight out of the oven. If you're looking to bake a sweet treat this weekend, try out this delicious gluten-free flour-less banana cashew cookie recipe! I prefer creamy cashew butter and bare Simply Baked Banana Chips because they are the perfect amount of sweetness and contain no oil and nothing artificial like other fruit chips can. They're perfect for your next social gathering, a snack for the kids or a thick and chewy way to satisfy your sweet tooth. Made with 5 simple ingredients, these cookies are easy to make so you can spend less time in the kitchen baking and more time munchin' on cookies! —Contributor
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
teaspoon vanilla extract
cup bare Simply Baked Banana Chips
tablespoon coconut sugar (optional, use if you prefer sweeter cookies)
cup cashew butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking tray.
- Beat the egg and vanilla extra together in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Make the banana sugar by blitzing the banana chips in a food processor or chopper until they are really fine, almost like grains of sand. If you're choosing to use the coconut sugar, stir into the banana sugar now.
- Add the cashew butter and banana sugar to the beaten egg mixture and combine until it resembles a sticky dough.
- Roll out the dough into nine balls and flatten them out on the tray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown on the bottom then let cool for 15 minutes and enjoy!