Author Notes: As if olive oil cake needs even more, adjust this basic recipe by using brown sugar and bourbon to deepen flavor. top with a marscapone whipped topping and fresh figs if you have them. Delicious! —Angie Grover
Makes: 1 cake
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 1 hrs
cups all purpose flour
cups brown sugar
teaspoons kosher salt
teaspoon baking soda
teaspoon baking powder
cups extra-virgin olive oil
cups whole milk
tablespoons grated orange zest
cup fresh blood orange juice
cup Koval bourbon whiskey
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Spray 9" round, 2" deep springform cake pan. Cut parchment paper to line the bottom.
- In bowl, measure all dry ingredients (flour through baking powder) and whisk together.
- In a larger bowl, measure all wet ingredients (olive oil through bourbon) and whisk together.
- Add dry ingredients to the larger bowl and whisk until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared ban and bake for 1 hour util top is golden and cake tester comes out clean. Transfer to wire rack and cool for 30 min.
- Remove springform pan and let cool completely before topping.